Friday, June 15, 2012

Welcome Sarah!


Hi, my name is Sarah and I am 22. I am from Germany and study at the University of Mannheim in my 5th semester right now. My majors are English literature and German.

Back in Germany I work for an exchange student organization called “HiCo Education”. At HiCo I mostly write high school profiles, translate the application forms for the parents, send and explain the student’s report cards to their parents and work on all the preparations for the student’s prep meeting, which is about a month before the students leave for their exchange program.

I am doing my internship at “Quest International”, because I am very interested in seeing the whole process from the other side, how host families are found and picked, but also how the whole application process is done here. I hope I will learn a lot new and gain experiences.

I used to be an exchange student in 2007 in Ottawa, IL. It was an unforgettable experience and I wouldn’t have done it any different. I met a lot of great people and even do have a second family now, who I visit as often as possible.

Traveling is something that I love and I have been to different countries and experienced different cultures. I am always open to anything new and love going to concerts and festivals. Shopping is something I really love, but not as much as sushi!

I am very excited about spending my summer in San Francisco and working at Quest International!

No comments:

Post a Comment